Are you a planner that is seeking an entry level career opportunity? Then we welcome you to apply to the City of Hillsboro and help implement Oregon’s largest greenfield master planned community. This position will be an integral part of the team of planners implementing the South Hillsboro Plan, which include building plan review and subdivision review. This position will serve as a liaison to the public and other City Departments while working at the Planning Counter. If you are interested in this opportunity, we invite you to apply to work at the City of Hillsboro which is recognized for its visionary planning and as a community that values diversity and inclusion.
The City of Hillsboro is looking for a two year limited duration, urban planner in its Development Services Planning Division. In this position, you will get hands on experience in projects including:
• Managing and reviewing development projects
• Implementing the City’s South Hillsboro Community Plan
• Researching and processing planning and development applications, plans, amendments
• Development Code administration
Skills you’ll bring to the table:
• Creative and innovative thinking
• Exceptional customer service
• Project coordination
• Basic understanding of state, regional and local planning structure, processes and codes
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is to perform entry and journey level professional routine current planning work. Responsibilities include reviewing, researching and processing planning and development applications, plans, amendments, variances, and related documents; conferring with other divisions, applicants and external agencies to resolve project issues; interpreting and communicating codes, laws and regulations, ensuring compliance with applicable standards; providing support and giving presentations to the community and governing groups; preparing code amendments; preparing drawings, plans, studies, reports, and other related documents.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Bachelor’s degree in Regional Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture, Geography or related field and, as assigned, up to two years of municipal planning related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Depending on assignment, some positions may require:
Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
Please visit our website at www.Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs for more information and a link to apply online. If you are unable to apply online you may:
• Download and print the Application Packet TM (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) from our website.
• Pick up application materials from the City of Hillsboro Human Resources Department, 150 E Main St. Floor 2, Hillsboro, OR 97123. Office hours are Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.