The Community and Economic Development Director will be expected to plan, direct and administer all activities consistent with a Community and Economic Development department such as, land use and transportation planning, housing element and economic development programs with accountability for results in terms of urban form and community livability, costs, personnel and methods.
This position performs professional planning and design work, communicates with public in matters related to departmental activities and responsibilities, and supervises department personnel in the performance of their duties. This position is primarily responsible for all planning activities for the City of Sweet Home and related administration of City code. This position is overtime-exempt.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or any other related degree from an accredited university. Master’s Degree preferred.
2. State of Oregon Driver’s License or ability to obtain within six (6) months.
3. Previous experience working with the State of Oregon planning program preferred.
4. Extensive experience in local government preferred.
5. Ability to pass background check; pre-employment drug screenings
Call 541-367-8969 for questions regarding this position or refer to the application and associated requirements by visiting www.ci.sweet-home.or.us. Position closes Tuesday, February 28, 2017 at 5:00 pm.