Associate Planner – Posting 201700240
Lane County Public Works / Land Management – Planning
LANE COUNTY / EUGENE, OREGON
We need your skills, your expertise, and your energy: Help us build the future of Lane County!
LANE COUNTY PUBLIC WORKS: Come work for an organization that values stewardship, diversity, and teamwork. We serve an area ideally situated between the Pacific and the Cascades; one that provides a variety of recreational and cultural activities. We are Lane County Public Works, and we are seeking an Associate Planner to help build the future of our community.
THE POSITION – ASSOCIATE PLANNER:
– Researches and analyzes land use data, comprehensive plans & development ordinances.
– Represents Planning Program at public hearings and prepares written reports.
– Researches, interprets, and explains land use regulations and assists the public.
– Exercises functional & technical supervision, including planning and assigning work.
– Determines plan compliance; approves permits; coordinates planning activities.
– Provides complex technical and professional support.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary range for this position is $47,777.60 – $66,144.00 per year. As a full-time, regular employee, benefit options include:
– Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
– A Wellness Clinic available to eligible employees and their dependents.
– Participation in the Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP).
– Voluntary Deferred Compensation Plan with County Contribution.
– Group Term Life & AD&D Insurance.
– Long-Term Disability Insurance.
– A generous Time Management Program for vacation and sick leave.
– Nine paid holidays and one floating holiday.
– An Employee Assistance Program.
REQUIREMENTS: Equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree, with major course work in community planning or a related field, and three years of responsible professional planning experience.
TO APPLY: Visit http://www.lanecounty.org/jobs Look for posting #201700240. Posting closes on Oct. 30, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. PST. For additional questions, contact HR at 541-682-3124. EOE / ADA